Sunday, November 24, 2013

pinay beauty tips


filipina beauty
I have been inspired by the #beautytips & beauty bloggers like @Cari Bunfill I decided to make note of my own filipina beauty rituals. There are lots of things that I do daily to maintain my beauty. Most of the routine involves taking care of my skin.  Like me, many of my fellow pinays have very sensitive skin. Being a filipina, I know that skin care remedy matters a lot. 


Using low priced products don't mean that its harmful for your skin. It depends on what is suited for every women's skin type. I have tried using expensive brands like Garnier, Olay but it didn't suit me. Instead, my face became oily and started getting pimples. Keep trying products until you find something that fits to your skin, budget.

1. Make up -
     . Face - At present, I use a chinese brand face powder ‘’POPA’’ that cost P 30.00. I like it. It doesn't make my face oily and sticky. January 2013, I used a product from hbc called  ‘’In2it  ‘’ oil control and oil free face powder cost P 400.00 but my face moistened quickly and started to itch.
Lips-  before applying a lipstick I used Chapstick Lip Balm to avoid it from cracking. The brands of lip stick that suit me are Fashion 21 and Ever Bilena.  I am currently using NYC ( New York Color )#304 Mocha. My bestfriend gave it to me. :-) Luv the Color:-)

 
2. Face Cream - When i was a teen I used to apply all ponds products for my face. I used Ponds facial wash, Ponds scrub facial wash and a Ponds pink cream. Then later on, I converted to Ponds Detox  as I found it more effective on my face.  As years pass by I noticed its not as effective as it used to be.  My sister recommended to use Rosehip Pearl Cream (January 2013). It works.  I always apply it before applying any make up. It was very cheap, P 64.00 lol. This moisturizing product is from Oseur Taiwan.


 
3. Hair - My personal recommendation is Loreal Damage Repair Shampoo and Loreal Damage Repair Conditioner. Yes! the light red packaging. That's right.  It is very effective on Dry hair and split ends. It slowly repairs the breakage. Do not use shampoo every day but alternate days  if you are not expose to too much dust. You can also use hair mask treatment. Also try using Dove nutrioil. It is a small packet, 50ml that costs P 300+ pesos. It is more expensive than normal leave-ons but it is worth it.  Use coconut oil . Here is how.  So, is coconut oil good for your hair? I’ve been doing it for years. It smells like food in your hair but it has been the most effective treatment.  

 

Vitamin e is a cell repair. It helps hair strands grow faster, thicker and it also helps regenerate skin tissues to make it smoother. I permanently take vit e because of my skin allergies from eating chicken, eggs , tomatoes mangoes and seafood. It made me so depressed when I found out that I was allergic to so many food but glad I got the solution for it. I take 2 - 4 capsules  every night before going to bed. Each capsules is 400 IU. The amount of IU I take each day depends on what i had eaten. I got a cheaper price of P 120.00 for 100 pieces in the Chinese drug store.

 
Yong Jiang chinese fat burners
4. Body - being fit means being healthy.  Exercising is very important even at young age. Doing a few sit ups flattens the stomach. I do stretching for arms head and  kicking to strengthen my legs. I do 50 sit ups every other day to tighten my stomach. Being petite is a trend here in the Philippines but if you can’t achieve that skinny body its alright, thats when fat burners take action!! lol.

I used Yong Jiang chinese fat burners. Take one capsule a day before eating. Within 2 weeks you will see the result. It is very affordable. P 260.00 for 40 capsules. Always drink lots of water to prevent dehydration. It also helps whiten the skin.

 
5. A blooming look. Always try to get 8 hours of sleep to maintain your refreshing beautiful appearance. Avoid getting stress because it can cause early ageing. Try EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). It works to relieve stress, sadness and depression. AVOID too many facial expressions except for smiling. It stretches the face and causes wrinkles.

Another way to achieve that blooming look is the balance diet, eating leafy vegetables or try VitaPlus. Has anyone heard about it? It is a product sold in networking company. It consists calcium, vit e, vit a , iron and vitamins you get from green veggies. It cost P 770.00 per box for 20 pcs. It cost higher than taking regular vitamins but it completes the body’s nutrition needs. It is great for women in their 30’s. It seems like it helps preserve the beauty and skin because my sister looks so blooming now since she started using it.

vita plus
6. Underarms - Filipinas are very conscious when it comes to dark underarms. It is a turn off to see a girl wearing sleeveless, raises her armpit and?..  “Omg,  dark and unshaved armpit. Don’t you have razors? Hehe.”  Anyway, try using some lemon drops and soak it overnight. It will start peeling but do not use it every night. You can also try using tawas . Old way but proven to whiten the underarms. How about Top Gel deodorants? Yes, it whitens the underarms too.
What do i use?  Well, I shifted from Skinwhite to vinegar. Vinegar?!! Yes You heard it right.
I had to stop using any type of deodorant due to my skin allergy. It is common to people with A+ blood type. I will write about that later.
7. Skin - The trend here in the Philippines is to lighten skin. It is considered more beautiful to have fair skin.  Its not bad to use whitening products but its important to make sure its safe.  For example, you would not use astringents without using lots of sun block. To help lightens the skin, use GT papa and carrot soap it is effective. Another that I know a proven effective product is Dermacream.  Ask a sales person, a friend, a consult a doctor for advice before application because it can cause allergies and irritation.

8. Eyes - put cucumber slices in your eyes for relaxation that lessens the eye-bags  instead of using concealers. It only covers it temporarily but doesn't make it go away.


4 comments:

  1. These are very helpful. I might try the top gel deodorant. Thanks. Please continue blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these tips. Pinays are blessed and very lucky to have morena to fair complexion. It’s our signature of beauty! :D
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Clarisonic Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://freefilipinadatesite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. please tell me where to buy yongjiang whitening and thinning helper, thanks. p;ease email me bechayceleste@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete